Would you like to help shape the future of studying with OCA?
OCASA is the voice of the student body and its President has a pivotal role working with the College. Our current President, John Umney, will be standing down at the end of this year, having served for three years. The rest of the committee would like to thank him for his excellent work and pay tribute to his committment, steady judgment and leadership through times when OCA and OCASA have evolved considerably.
Consequently, we are looking for candidates to take on this important role. The responsibilities include:
- Chairing four OCASA committee meetings a year
- Attending four Student Consultative Committee (SCC) meetings a year, with the OCA Chief Executive, as the main (but not only) forum of communication between the two bodies
- Sitting on the OCA Board of Trustees as a non-voting member
- Sitting on OCA Special Interest Committees as required
- Providing leadership and direction.
Many of these meetings require physical attendance in Barnsley and cannot be undertaken via the internet. The committment is at least one full day a month and reasonable associated expenses are met by OCA.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to John Umney at email@example.com or Nigel Monckton firstname.lastname@example.org.